» ADOR's Hot Rods
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 pm by ADOR

» Camper Redo
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:39 am by Iago

» I finally joined the OMEN family
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm by BlindLemon77

» voodoo logo - HP
Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Engrsky

» One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am by East

» Anyone see the "new" HP OMEN desktop yet?
Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 am by zxj001

» Hi, can I come in?
Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:38 pm by zxj001

» Blackbird 002 Radiator fit
Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:36 pm by zxj001

» My Voodoo Omen case is now empty sitting in our basement...
Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 am by Rozzinator

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bad news for 133 owners

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad news for 133 owners

Post  killerwill on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:29 am

Well my attempts to get any parts for envy 133s pretty much died. I tried to get Ryan to get me any info on what HP will do with the excess parts, but it sounds like they are going to be recycled. So that means there are no spare parts out there at ALL! Even batteries are completely gone from the market.. So I'd safely say that from here on out the Envy 133s are pretty much dead once anything happens to them.

Can't believe the guys at ft. Collins didn't call before they closed shop.....

killerwill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bad news for 133 owners

Post  Seamaster on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:53 am

It was a business decision. Much easier as a book entry and likely cost much less for them to recycle than do anything else. HP isn't in the market of custom or semi-custom notebooks or PCs, so distributing spare parts likely wasn't seen as a worthwhile goodwill opportunity.

It's a shame for a fans, though.
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  killerwill on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 am

Yeah it is. It means that these laptops will just start dying off one by one sadly.

killerwill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  East on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Aside from the occasional one with custom paint they were pretty bland meaning you can interchange case parts without the colors being mismatched (Like dells lol). Hopefully the damaged ones will get sold off on ebay as parts so the existing ones can survive a little longer.

This is why hp is failing as a company though, They dont put the time into product testing and put the effort into backing there products. Everything they do these days seems to be a half heated get rich quick scheme. Buying voodoo, Partnering with dr dre That proprietary hp tablet thing that never took off etc

Imo hp needs to give up and exit the hardware sector just as ibm did. The problem is ibm had there hands in software development and a bunch of other stuff. I cant really say what would be left for hp to do if they gave up hardware. Maybe specialize in printers? Although I have not seen a quality built hp printer since the turn of the millennium.
East

View user profile http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  killerwill on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:53 pm

East wrote:Aside from the occasional one with custom paint they were pretty bland meaning you can interchange case parts without the colors being mismatched (Like dells lol). Hopefully the damaged ones will get sold off on ebay as parts so the existing ones can survive a little longer.

This is why hp is failing as a company though, They dont put the time into product testing and put the effort into backing there products. Everything they do these days seems to be a half heated get rich quick scheme. Buying voodoo, Partnering with dr dre That proprietary hp tablet thing that never took off etc

Imo hp needs to give up and exit the hardware sector just as ibm did. The problem is ibm had there hands in software development and a bunch of other stuff. I cant really say what would be left for hp to do if they gave up hardware. Maybe specialize in printers? Although I have not seen a quality built hp printer since the turn of the millennium.

I do agree with you on HP not really making anything quality anymore. They make Clevos look like god machines..

But, If you haven't messed with the inside of a 133 youll know that a few things are truly one time use. Like most of the trackpad setup and palmrests.

killerwill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top