» Camper Redo
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:38 pm by ADOR

» ADOR's Hot Rods
Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:09 pm by East

» I finally joined the OMEN family
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm by BlindLemon77

» voodoo logo - HP
Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Engrsky

» One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am by East

» Anyone see the "new" HP OMEN desktop yet?
Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 am by zxj001

» Hi, can I come in?
Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:38 pm by zxj001

» Blackbird 002 Radiator fit
Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:36 pm by zxj001

» My Voodoo Omen case is now empty sitting in our basement...
Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 am by Rozzinator

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ADOR's Hot Rods

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ADOR's Hot Rods

Post  ADOR on Sun May 22, 2016 11:34 pm

I am back at work right now. I will have to scan them in when I get home. 5 weeks out this time. One down 4 more to go, home june 31.

On the 4x4 got it running good, but only above 1500 rpm. Idle system must still be screwed up internally. It acts like it's running out of gas but runs fine if I hold the throttle over 1500 to 2000 rpm.

I did another junkyard run before leaving the house. Got the 4x4 a new throttle cable and a keyed column out a F250 I have been using for parts. Lots of little stuff as well. Even found a (hope it works) late 80's alpine cassette player out of the same 80's F250 with factory steel radio adapter.

Didn't get to do anything else to the 55 Chevy, but did get the tires back up and one swapped out. Turned the engine over a couple of times. Got more planned for it when I get home.
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster on Thu May 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Any chance it could be something simple like an oxygen sensor or even thermostat? If the car thinks it's cold out, it may be running rich.
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Thu May 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Not a chance on that one. It's a 1980 model. It doesn't even have a feedback carburetor. The main jets were completely closed off when I got it gas would shoot out of the top of the air vent. I thought I got it all cleaned out but I am guessing I have overlooked something internal and just need to pull it apart and work on it again.
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  East on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 am

I just found these:

www.ebay.com/itm/171791161357

Not sure if its something your interested in for any of your projects. The guy seems to have a quantity of them so plenty of time to think about it.
East

View user profile http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:32 am

It's a nice looking system but I already have 3 toughbook setups, lol. The Panasonic PDRC setup they use in some cop cars. It allows you to use a remote keyboard and touchscreen to just about any toughbook. And you can pull the laptop out of the dock and take it with you.
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 pm

I see things have been slow here lately.

Time for a hot rod update.

On my 52 Ford I am down to window wipers, new tires and new door glass and it's road ready. I upgraded it awhile back from the Carb to a vintage 1993 holley projection system and got that system sorted out and working.

Around the same time for cheap I got a Holley MPI Pro jection pc with just the computer and it took me over a year to get the full pin out sorted out. I got some of it and then team up with another guy with just the computer and no wiring and together we kicked it in the ass. Only problem with mine is I can't find the right software for it. I have found some older software but it's not old enough. So I need to get a updated prom chip, try to flash another prom with a copy I have of a newer prom to get it to work with the newest software they make for it.

I also snagged a Commander 950. Got it sorted out and working but haven't installed it on the truck yet. Haven't decided if I want it on my 52 with 670cfm 2v throttle body, or go with the 750 cfm 4v throttle body I have. The 4v have newer injectors that will require a fuel pump upgrade over the older round cap injectors on the 2v throttle body. I can also use it on my 350 engine when I finally swap on the dual quad intake on my 55 Chevy with dual 2v 670 cfm throttle bodies. So I am just waiting for now.

On the oldest boys 93 z28 we got a new trans for it back in September and put it on the road. Less than 50 miles the engine started knocking. that wound up being a double stacked spun bearing killing the rod, piston and crank. We wound up rebuilding the engine into a 383 LT1 (forged pistons and eagle rods/crank. Then we got it back on the road about 4 days ago. It is a very mild 383(these days it's about the same cost on a 383 and a 350 rebuild these days) It has stock LT1 camshaft, heads and intake. It already had cold air intake, full length coated headers and 3" exhaust. But this was very short lived as on day 2 we took it to the shop to see why the speedometer stopped working. Turned out to be drive gear in the trans clip backed off and the gear moved forward. Easy fix, just needed a new clip. When it was ready I got the call I picked it up and drove it to the local tuners place to see if they even did tunes for it. Nope too old. No problem I can get a mail order tune for it. Drove out to the muffler shop to talk to a friend of mine just to visit and hot rod some. Then on to the house. The oldest boy was going to get his hands on it later that day to finally get to drive it. But it was not to be. Pulling up on the side road that goes to my house. About a 1/8 to 1/16 miles from my house it stops moving. The engine revs fine, but it won't go forward. I check the fluid and try a lot of things but to nope. Tow it to the house. Park works, but it will roll free in any gear, even reverse. Doing tech work over the phone from a friend he thinks the main shaft is broke. So waiting on a replacement trans. The saga goes on.

On my high school car the red 67 mustang. I got to get time to get out there and finish re-routing the brake lines and installing the new master cylinder for the front disk brake conversion.

On my 4x4 I got a rebuild kit for the 4v carb, but haven't rebuilt it yet. I got the 4v intake and lift kit sitting in the truck. Just need to buy a intake gasket and find time to do it.

My time here lately has been spent redoing a slide in truck camper (Len-Dar made only between 86 to 98, by the trim inside I am saying it's a 86 to 88 model) trying to get it ready for our upcoming family vacation. I am just about there on it. I got 5 more days till we leave so I have been pulling all nighters for the last week. Found a lot of rot in it around the seams so I have ripped it all out and replaced it all with stronger/thicker stuff and resealed the leaking roof. New cabinet doors I made in it, etc. The original stove and fridge was missing. Now in the original fridge slot is a mini fridge and a AC unit. The stove has a microwave there with a one burner electric stove there now. The twin bed area has been expanded to a full size bed area with a futon matress. The bed area folds back and into a couch for day time use. I also added width to it in the rear area and added two cabinets. I am down to one last rotted place I will have done tomorrow. I finished up one tonight. Hang one more cabinet door. Put panneling up over the one wall I just fixed. Rewire the 12v wiring side (side marker lights x4, top vent, two ceiling lights and car radio(don't have the radio yet but running the wires for it on a future upgrade for off the grid style camping)) On the 110 side I have to put the plug into the side of the camper and run 4 more wires and wire up two more 110v plug in boxes for a total of (4 plugins boxes, light over stove, ac unit, fridge, stove,microwave, 12v power inverter(run 12v side from my truck or 110v side) dual vent fans over the fridge.)

I am still stuck roughnecking for now, it has really been cutting into my money not crane operating/mechanic like I was. Been looking for a change up in the job market but just haven't found it yet.

Hope every one has a good 4th this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Well time has come to get rid of my 55 Chevy. I have tried the legal way several, several times to get a legal title in my name but the DMV in Baton Rouge could care less, even had a court order they denied.

I will be pulling out my engine, trans, driveshaft, shifter, engine wiring harness, radiator, fuel cell and racing seats. I guess this has been a long time coming. I will just have to keep a look out later on for another one.

But I do have a replacement for it. I ran across a 99 Camaro with a blown engine. So I will be swapping everything into it. Good paint, 4 wheel disk, etc. Won't take a lot of work. The windshield is even good, lol.
The little parts that look like they are missing were in the car. The guy he had got it from was trying to fully black it out and spray painted the tail lights and park lights. I have part of that un-done already and have them re-installed.

20170811_143902 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170811_143915 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170811_143844 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

20170811_143853 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 am

I took the easy way out and just traded in my ST for a new RS. No restoration needed! But I barely have time to drive a car for fun right now, let alone actually work on one.

Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:13 pm

With work slowing down it has screwed up my "extra" money. The 52 only needs glass, wipers fixed, new tires and insurance to be road legal now. Having to hold off and only drive it on the road. I got three projects to that point right now. (52 pickup, 67 mustang and 72 comet gt) Maybe things will pick up here quick and I can get them back on the road.
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 am

I just would not have the time, even if I wanted to spend the money. I was interested in ceramic coating the RS, and watched a video showing the steps needed, but while it would save a lot of money, I would never have the time to go through all the painstaking steps to get it right. So it would almost be worth spending the real money to have it done professionally, but man, that is a lot of money!

I am taking the RS to the Wheels & Wings up here in Osceola next weekend to try the radar run with it. That wouled be a great show to demonstrate your handiwork. It is not just hot rods or mint condition classic cars -- they enjoy showing off restoration work as well.
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Sweet!!!
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  East on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:09 pm

I would sell the 55' roller title less, If you can't put it on ebay go to a few swap meets. If it is solid it will go fast. It can probably be titled too fairly easy in a different state with less red tape, That is unless the vin has issues. You don't have family that live in a different state do you?
East

View user profile http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum