Latest topics
» ADOR's Hot Rods
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 pm by ADOR

» voodoo logo - HP
Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm by Engrsky

» One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am by East

» Anyone see the "new" HP OMEN desktop yet?
Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 am by zxj001

» Hi, can I come in?
Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:38 pm by zxj001

» Blackbird 002 Radiator fit
Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:36 pm by zxj001

» I finally joined the OMEN family
Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:11 pm by Rozzinator

» My Voodoo Omen case is now empty sitting in our basement...
Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 am by Rozzinator

» VOODOO OMEN CASE EBAY BUY IT NOW 500
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:25 pm by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ADOR's Hot Rods

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ADOR's Hot Rods

Post  ADOR on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 am

I have the new to me Alienware M11X with me so I don't have it loaded up yet with my pictures. I will have to put a few of the older ones I have in my photo accounts online.

Star Cars Museum that is Eleanor from the GONE IN 60 SECONDS remake.

2001 Suzuki Bandit N model, 1200cc, Just sold it last time home

1972 Comet GT 302/C4 auto My high school street racer close to when I was graduating.

1967 Mustang "SALLY" at the time 200 six/3 speed manual, now 302/3speed and v8 suspension this picture was taken around 94 right after I had it painted. This is my first car and high school ride.

My second 1967 Mustang, ironically the first one I looked at to buy. This car went through several different "versions" 289/c4,302/c4, 390/c6 It currently is in primer and has been toned down from drag racing. It has a stock 302/c4 and has been given to my oldest boy for his first car. Me and him will have lots to do on it when he gets a little older.

My now daily ride the day I bought it 2005 Dodge quad cab with the Hemi.

1980 ford 4x4 with 1986 cab and flareside bed. The cab was totally rusted out and I stripped it to the frame and started back up on it. Just my old mud toy.

1988 mustang LX just 4cyl/5speed car with a very good body, planned to put a v-8 in it, divorce screwed that up. I sold it this time home to my first ex wife. ( I get along with her)

1955 Chevy Gasser 350/350

1926 Model T touring, bad shape, traded a set of headers for it. Missing both FT doors, I only need the driver door. Still collecting parts.

MORE ON THE WAY
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ADOR's Hot Rods

Post  ADOR on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:44 am

More of "sally" when I first got it to work on, you can see my dad's 1979 Dodge Little Red Express truck in the back ground, we still have it. Dad bought it new.

1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe

MORE TO COME
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 am

These pictures are fairly current

1969 Mustang Mach 1, 390/c6, factory big block car.

My sons 1967 mustang today

Sally today, she needs some freshing up. New carpet, clear coat is peeling need to buff out, disk brake upgrade, suspension bushings.

Dad's 1979 Little Red Express today

My Bandit right before I got rid of it, with the kids just didn't have time for it.

ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:07 am

Some of me and my dads three wheeler stuff. I use to race them with dad way back, mud races. I got all of my kids 90/110's to learn on. I didn't have the money back then for full racer like a 200x or tiger but I have them now and working on doing them up how I wanted.

BIG FOOT LEGEND LIVES

My old racing 185s, yes it will do over the 70 on the speedometer

200x, auto x conversion with High compression 200 engine.
The day I got it home, first and only local pick up on ebay

Rare tiger three wheeler, it's a roller now, this is the day I un packed it.

MORE TO COME
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 am

1952 FORD F1
One of my two main projects right now. Still have a few pin holes to weld up and then smooth back out. Mainly sorting out what engine and trans I want. I was going to drop a 1974 V12 jaguar IRS and IFS I have under it but trying to get a 1954 F1 to put that under so I held off on that. I have 12" disk brakes sitting in it right now to upgrade it. manual disk brakes up front, 1954 ford Y block and 4speed OR 1969 250 ford I-6 and top loader 3 speed with hurst shifter OR 302 v-8 and top loader 3 speed with hurst shifter. Just daily play toy.

MORE TO COME
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:45 am

This is the biggest project I have ever worked on. HALO WARTHOG REPLICA. I started with a 1974 blazer chassis. But due to the chassis being wore out and the price to fix it and having no title on the frame I swapped here a few months back to a 1982 ford bronco. It only needs a engine. I cut it down to the fire wall and floor pan and working on integrating my frame work and the bronco body into one. Dad has had the shop full doing stuff on his truck but soon I will finish welding the two together and start back on fabbing body pannels.

http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf.v109786

Ok, that's it for now, lol
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:44 am

There is a local AM radio show called Garage Logic. The host, Joe Soucheray, has something that he calls the Cylinder Index. He says that any guy should have a total number of cylinders in his possession at least equal to his age. It looks like you can live to over 100!
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Damn!!!
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 am

The pictures do beg one obvious if perhaps touchy question: how many of these projects make it to completion?
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Two divorces has severely screwed up what I had planned for them time line wise. I had other projects that I put first for the Ex's but that didn't work out. One for the first wife. She was a big coke collector. I got ahold of a 1940 GMC pannel delivery. Was doing it up like a coke delivery truck. After the divorce I got where I couldn't look at it. I keep seeing it red with coke logo on the side. I lost time I could of been working on one of my other ones. The second car like that was a 1967 mustang I got for the second ex. She wanted a hot rod so that was what we got her. I had completely redid that car, new floor plates, new suspension ft and rear, started body work and redid most of the interior. Divorce screwed that one too. She got it then sold it to a cousin of hers for a little of nothing. So that was a few years worth of work there gone on both of them. Then me having the kids by myself slowed it all down alot. My youngest just turned 6 so I have some helpers now at time.

The 55 Chevy was on hold for a while due to titleing issues. I had legal ownership though court documents but no title. I just got that straight a few months ago. The car runs and drives just needs body work, interior and paint.

The 67 mustang that is my sons car use to be a drag car for it. I have redone a engine I had and gave him my last C4 auto I have. It runs and drives I just needs body work, suspension, disk brake upgrade ( it has drum brakes but I have almost lost my mustang twice over drum brakes, never again), interior done. He is 13 now. In a couple more years it will be it's turn and time for him to learn like I did.

My high school 67 needs brakes redone and radiator rotted out and it could go back on the road.

Warthog replica this has been my push my limits project seeing how far I can go. I have screwed up on it a few times so far, I have always restored a body, not make one from scratch from something that doesn't really exist. Like having to cut the whole rear section off and redoing it. But I have learned a lot along the way that will help me with other projects.

The 26 T and 34 coupe I am still collecting parts, but I won't get rid of the 34. Maybe the 26 if a offer comes up. I doubt I would find another body around my area like it. So this will probably wind up as the "retirement" build unless a frame and deck lid just happen to turn up some time soon.

1952 ford pu I should have on the road toward the end of this year. I want it to replace my dodge as my every day around town truck and to keep miles off of the dodge. Just going to be my old beater truck.

1980/86 ford pu 4x4. Has already been re-done mechanically. It was stripped to a bare frame and brought back up. That is a whole another cab from a 2 wheel drive truck because the other cab had no doors and the corners were rusted out over 8 inches. The bed is the one I held out two years for. Found it just a mile from my house in a cow pasture. Guy took it off a truck to use but never did. Just needs to finish body work on it.

The bike and 88 mustang were sold due to not just getting used, both drove fine.

69 mach 1 has went from a bare hull with all fenders, hood, etc lying inside the car to a running driving car. I spend over 3 days in the junk yard just finding all the bolts for it,someone had unbolted every thing and not a bolt one in the car, seats to recover, insert behind the ashtray, etc. I had no seats. Modded a 66 fastback seat for it in the rear, etc. It just needs a little more work in the interior. The body is straight, all it needs is to be sanded down and painted.

Little red express has never been off of the road, dad bought it new. I remember him trading the yellow duster he had in on it and riding home in the floor board. Still have the window sticker and bill of lading on it.

72 comet gt was sold to dad but didn't go far, it still runs and drives fine.

The three wheelers get a once over every spring, I have built up 4 over the last two years from near bare frames to running machines, I have 2 more that I am working on now (200x and the tiger). I do have over 14 of them now, a lot of them rolling chassis's but I didn't get them to rebuilt. I needed a few parts and the local junk yard has had some for several years. I asked about a few parts and talked about getting a spare frame or two and I was offered to get what I wanted for under 150 dollars. I cleaned him out. He was happy, he hadn't sold a 3 wheeler part in years and I have enough parts to keep mine going for years to come.

Everything that isn't running (27,34,52,warthog), has a engine and trans in the shed, all the warthog chassis needs is the engine on the stand dropped in, EFI taken off and a carb dropped on, the 52 I need to pick one of three engine that I have for it to go in it. The 27 and 34 are at the back of the line.

It was a very good question Iago, I don't have all my pictures to show you how much work has gone into some of them just to get them where they are today. One time I added it up and I have or had over total of 40 cars so far. I have just kept what I liked best, and kept working on something. They are not "as found" pictures. Yes I am behind in my work, but I haven't stopped and I hope that is what makes the difference on these. I do swap from project to project a lot too. But I find it hard when I am working on one and parts that I have been looking for for years pop up and then they are dirt cheap. Like 100 dollars when normally it would be 1000. But also too swapping back and forth keeps me going and from getting "burned out" on just one project. I have seen that kill more projects when when they sit and the parts won't pop up. You just stop working and your vision starts to fade.

I also get trade projects here from time to time. The local junk yard man knows me well. He kept a 1935 ford cab that a guy hauled him for scrap iron to see if I wanted it. 35 dollars later it was in the back of the truck on the way home. I know how my hot rod buddies are. With in a month it was gone, traded for a complete running Y block ford with a 4 speed behind it. So now I have two complete engine and trans mission options for my 1952 ford to drop in.
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:27 am

Can you ever really be behind when we are talking about a hobby and a passion?

I'm thoroughly impressed with the amount of work you've done.
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:55 am

The only reason that I asked the question is that most of the pictures are of the work-in-progress variety.
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:23 am

Been doing some more thrashing on my 52 ford. The 302/FMX is in. New Distributor in, exhaust manifolds figured out and installed. Working on wiring, just finished installing the 12" front disk brakes.

ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:42 pm

You da man.
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 pm

A little junk yarding today. Got two bottom seat foams and one top seat foam from full size pickups. The foam from s-10, ranger, etc is just a tad too short. I made a seat bottom and cut the foam to fit. Just got to cut some breathing holes in the bottom of the wood and then cover it with the white vinyl I have. I have two choises for the top. Another seat bottom that is thicker like the original springs were or one that is about half that thick. Still have to cut boards for it and weld some metal tabs to hold the board. Then cut and shape the foam, cover it up. Also still working on some wiring, got the front clip back on so I can wire up the head lights now.

ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:52 am

Got the rear tabs welded onto the seat last night. I am working on final color options now. What do you guys think about this color with white highlights.

With some of this thrown into the mix for example

Maybe scallops on the ft end?

Also thinking maybe just pin striping and something like this around the fenders

ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:23 am

Not my choice of color, but it is not my car!
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Powder blue isn't my favourite colour either, but it suits a car of that vintage perfectly. There is something cool about a classic colour on a classic hot rod.
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 pm

I usually stick with just black or white for my hot rods. Been wanting to try something different. It will just be a quick spray job so if I don't like it, it won't take much to undo it. The steady girlfriend doesn't like yellow so that is out. The one I have right now is a flat color. Going to do a fender one day and see how I like it. I would just photoshop it but haven't had the time to learn it enough to make it do what I want.
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:29 pm

I lean toward black myself. You should see my closet . . .
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Of course, if we want to be pedantic, black isn't a colour . . .
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:00 pm

The age-old disparity between art and science.
Iago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Cue the strip.
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Finally run across a truck like mine painted in that color. Just don't have the white pin-striping. Just to give everyone an idea. Still not 100% on this color, but I would say I am 90%ish on it.
ADOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:19 pm

If you like it, go for it.
Seamaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content